- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and seeded, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped, can removed white pith and seeds
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Adjust lime juice, salt and pepper.
Note: Remove white pith and seeds from jalapeno if don’t like salsa hot!
Why Eat Mangoes?
Summer temperatures are still with us, but mangoes will soon be going out of season. Try this simple and delicious salsa while mangoes are still sweet and juicy.This tropical fruit has been cultivated for 5,000 years. It contains Vitamin A (which helps our eyes, bones and teeth), Vitamin C (which helps our immune health). Let’s not forget, mangoes are full of flavonoids which may help to prevent breast and colon cancer. Store ripe mangoes in the refrigerator for up to a week. They also can be frozen after being peeled and diced. They can be used in sauces and marinades or just cut one open and enjoy!